Prescription Protective Eye-Wear Program
Under the University of Guelph's Safety Eye-wear Program, employees are entitled to one Occupational Vision Plan (OVP) authorization form, for one pair of prescription protective eye-wear, once every 2 years/24 months.
This protective eye-wear will be provided by authorized optometrists part of the Vision At Work Program only. A complete listing of authorized optometrists in the Vision at Work Program is available on the Vision at Work Optometrists Website. (This is a separate form, and does not affect your personal prescription eye-wear plan through your SunLife benefits.)
Procedure to Obtain
- Supervisors or an authorized staff member will contact EHS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and supply the following information:
- Employee's name
- University of Guelph Employee Number
- Bargaining Group
- Supervisor’s name and extension
- An Authorization form will be completed and sent to the Supervisor for his/her signature of authorization.
- The employee signs the Authorization Form to authorize the release of information arising from an examination if one is required. The employee then presents the form to an authorized optometrist.
- Invoices for payment of the eye-wear will be submitted to the University of Guelph by the Canadian Association of Optometrists; no up-front payment is required by the employee.
- Eye-exams are not covered by the University of Guelph's Safety Eye-wear program.
- The authorized optometrist will fill a recent prescription from the employee's regular optometrist without an additional appointment or eye exam.
- If you require an eye exam in addition to the one covered by your SunLife benefit plan the cost of the exam is your responsibility.
- The form sent to your optometrist must be current.
- Any "Special Instructions" pertaining to this safety eye-wear must be authorized by EHS by emailing email@example.com or faxing to 519-824-0364, before the order is placed.
For additional information, see Personal Protective Equipment Guidelines.