Eligibility for OSSTF /TARA
Participation in the Flex Credit arrangement is restricted to active RFT, CLT and active and eligible TFT employees, meeting the criteria as set out below:
- In order to be eligible to participate a TFT employee must be employed on a contract greater than 12 months. This includes those who have had a contract renewal/extension that would result in a contract greater than 12 months.
- For the purpose of this agreement, active RFT, CLT and TFT employees shall include those employees on any statutory protected leave (i.e. maternity or parental leave, family medical leave, etc.),short term disability, long term disability, drawing WSIB benefits, on vacation or an otherwise approved paid leave of absence.
- An active employee does not include a RFT, CLT or TFT employee on a leave of absence without pay for a period of thirty (30) calendar days or more or an individual on a salary continuance arrangement.
- Those employees hired after November 30th will not be eligible to participate in the flex spending program until the following calendar year.
- Retirees are not eligible to participate in this Flex Credit arrangement.