All Other Eligible Employees Benefits
The University of Guelph is pleased to provide eligible employees with an extensive range of benefits. Some of these include Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability. For more comprehensive information, reference your Benefits Booklet below.
Effective January 1, 2018, Psychological Services no longer requires a physician’s referral.
Effective September 1, 2019, the follow changes have been made to the benefits provided to all other eligilbe employees:
Psychological Services under the Extended Health Plan increased to $1200 per calendar year and was expanded to include counselling services provided by counsellors with a Master of Social Work, psychotherapists, psychoanalysts, marriage and family therapists, or clinical counselors provided they are licensed and registered by a recognized provincial governing body as defined by the benefits provider.
Inclusion of non-oral contraceptives as prescribed by a physician provided that it has a drug identification number (DIN).
Massage therapy no longer requires a physician’s referral.
- Sun Life Member Services website
Having problems logging onto the website? Learn how to connect.
- My Sun Life Mobile
- Submitting a Health and Dental Claim
- Coordination of Benefits
- Many people have coverage under more than one benefit plan – for example, their own plan plus their spouse’s plan or a plan offered through their professional association. If this is your situation, you can use both plans when claiming expenses. This is called coordinating your benefits, and it’s a great way to cover more of your costs.
- Your Travel Benefit
A medical emergency while travelling can be a frightening and costly experience. But with your Sun Life Financial group benefits plan you’ll have the protection you need and you’ll have access to the expertise of our emergency travel assistance partner – Allianz Global Assistance 24 hours a day if you suffer an illness or injury while away from home.
- Educational Opportunities & Scholarship Plans
Forms and further information can be found in HR Policy 403 for the Scholarship Plan, and in HR Policy 401 for the Educational Opportunities Plan.
Other Helpful Information
- Group Benefits Premium Rates - May 2018
- Pharmacy Dispensing Fee Survey - 2018
- Coordination of Benefits Claims Adjudication Change
- Understanding Your Child's Health & Dental Coverage While Studying Out-Of-Province
- Understanding Orthotics and Orthopaedic Shoes
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care website
- Changes regarding eligibility of osteopathic providers - Posted August 2017
- Delisted Provider Update September 2017 - Posted September 2017
- Coverage for Continuous Glucose Monitors - Posted October 2017
- Life and Health Insurance Conversion to Individual Policy- Posted March 7, 2018
- Epipen Shortages - Posted October 19, 2018
- Plan Members Physiotherapy RC effective January 1, 2020 - Posted November 11, 2019