The University of Guelph will observe the following paid holidays in 2023 up to and including Thanksgiving Day.
Paid Holiday - Date of Observance
- Family Day - Monday, February 20, 2023
- Good Friday - Friday, April 7, 2023
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 22, 2023
- Canada Day* - Friday, June 30, 2023
- Civic Holiday** - Monday, August 7, 2023
- Labour Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 9, 2023
*On February 1, 2023, an amended memo confirmed that Canada Day would be observed on Friday, June 30, 2023.
**The August Civic Holiday is not a statutory public holiday.
Part-time employees will be paid in accordance with the appropriate employee group or Collective Agreement or with University of Guelph HR Policy 502.
Please note that with respect to employees whose work schedule in its normal course provides days off other than Saturday and Sunday, the day on which the holiday actually falls shall be the observed holiday.
The University's 2023/2024 Holiday Closure Schedule will be posted later in the year.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your HR Consultant or Staff Relations.