The University of Guelph will observe the following paid holidays in 2021 up to and including Thanksgiving Day.
Paid Holiday - Date of Observance
- Family Day - Monday, February 15, 2021
- Good Friday - Friday, April 2, 2021
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 24, 2021
- Canada Day - Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Civic Holiday* - Monday, August 2, 2021
- Labour Day - Monday, September 6, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 11, 2021
*The August Civic Holiday is not a statutory public holiday. Part-time employees will be paid in accordance with the appropriate employee group or Collective Agreement or with University of Guelph HR Policy 502.
Please note that with respect to employees whose work schedule in its normal course provides days off other than Saturday and Sunday, the day on which the holiday actually falls shall be the observed holiday.
Details of the University's 2021-2022 December/January holiday closure will be announced once confirmed.