The University of Guelph will observe the following paid holidays in 2020 up to and including Thanksgiving Day.
Paid Holiday - Date of Observance
- Family Day - Monday, February 17, 2020
- Good Friday - Friday, April 10, 2020
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 18, 2020
- Canada Day - Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Civic Holiday* - Monday, August 3, 2020
- Labour Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 12, 2020
*The August Civic Holiday is not a statutory public holiday. Part-time employees will be paid in accordance with the appropriate employee group or Collective Agreement or with University of Guelph HR Policy 502.
Please note that with respect to employees whose work schedule in its normal course provides days off other than Saturday and Sunday, the day on which the holiday actually falls shall be the observed holiday.
Details of the University's AMENDED 2020/2021 December/January Holiday Schedule has been confirmed in a memo dated November 4, 2020 to all staff.