Biological Spill Kit
- A simple spill kit should be readily available and include the following items:
|Contents of the Spill Kit||Image Examples|
|Concentrated disinfectant (For more information, refer to Module 3.2 Disinfectants in the Biosafety training courses)|
|Absorbent pads and paper towels|
|Autoclaveable bag; Spill warning signage (could be computer printed or handmade)|
|Dustpan and brush; forceps/tongs|
|Gloves and booties|
|Safety goggles and N-95|
- All above contents should be placed in a tote or bin in clearly labelled and easily accessible space.
- Supplies should be checked regularly (e.g. monthly or quarterly)
- In the event of biohazard spill, inform PI/lab supervisor immediately.
- Additionally, notify Biosafety Officer through completion of University of Guelph’s Incident reporting process (for exposure and/or near miss)