The Biosafety Program at the University of Guelph focuses on the safe management of biohazardous materials including microorganisms and biological toxins that cause disease in humans, animals, and plants. Principal Investigators planning to use biohazards within their research, teaching or analytical services activities are required to obtain a biohazard permit.
The University's Biosafety Officers can be contacted by email at email@example.com or as follows based on your unit:
- Gausiya Khan may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-824-4120 ext. 53190:
- CBS (Molecular and Cellular Biology)
- CSAHS (Psychology)
- Lab Services Division (Agriculture and Food Lab, Animal Health Lab)
- OAC (Food Science, including CRIFS)
- OVC (Biomedical Sciences, Clinical Studies, Health Sciences Centre, Pathobiology, Population Medicine)
- Tara Hargreaves may be contacted by email to email@example.com or by phone at 519-824-4120 ext. 53774:
- CBS (Integrative Biology, Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Centre for Biodiversity and Genomics, Biodiversity Institute of Ontario)
- CEPS (Chemistry, Engineering, Physics)
- OAC (Animal Biosciences, Plant Agriculture, Ridgetown, School of Environmental Sciences)
All documentation and forms pertaining to the Biohazard Program are accessible for users through their University of Guelph login.