2014 Leave for Change Volunteers Announced
Eight members of the University of Guelph community have been selected to participate in Leave for Change for 2014-2015.
“It’s a program that continues to capture the imagination of University of Guelph staff and faculty,” said Martha Harley, Associate Vice-President (Human Resources). “We received the highest number of applications since we first launched Leave for Change seven years ago.”
Harley added that Leave for Change provides an opportunity for U of G’s staff and faculty to demonstrate their commitment to global citizenship and international development by contributing their skills and knowledge during short volunteer assignments with organizations in developing countries.
Volunteer assignments and travel dates are being finalized for the following staff:
- Claire Alexander, Special Projects Manager, Office of the President
- Nina Berry, Administrative Assistant, Macdonald Stewart Art Centre
- Christi Cooper, Manager of Agricultural & Veterinary Safety, Human Resources
- Stephanie Craig, Communications Manager, OAC Dean's Office
- Patricia Fleming, Administrative Assistant, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics (FARE), OAC
- Amanda Hathway, Veterinary Technician, Department of Clinical Studies, OVC
- Louise Merlihan, Learning & Development Facilitator, Human Resources
- Saveena Patara, Analyst, CCS
Leave for Change is offered in partnership with Uniterra, a joint initiative of World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and the Centre for International Studies and Co-operation (CECI).