Eligibility for UGFSEA (Unit 1)
Participation in the Flex Credit arrangement is restricted to active Regular Full-Time (RFT) and Limited Full-Time (LFT) employees, meeting the criteria as set out below:
- For the purpose of this agreement, active RFT and LFT employees shall include those employees on any statutory protected leave (i.e. maternity or parental leave, family medical leave, etc.),short term disability, long term disability, drawing WSIB benefits, on vacation or an otherwise approved paid leave of absence.
- An active employee does not include a RFT or LFT employee on a leave of absence without pay for a period of thirty (30) calendar days or more or an individual on a salary continuance arrangement.
- An LFT employee will be permitted to make submissions and receive reimbursements under the Flex Credit program during their normal period of lay-off
- Those employees hired after November 30th will not be eligible to participate in the flex spending program until the following calendar year.
- Retirees are not eligible to participate in this Flex Credit arrangement.