2015 Leave for Change Volunteers Announced
Five members of the University of Guelph community have been selected to participate in Leave for Change in 2015.
They will contribute their vacation time to volunteer their talents and skills with organizations in developing countries.
Volunteer assignments and travel dates are being finalized for the following staff and faculty:
· Mario Deschamps, Special Constable, Campus Community Police
· Rebecca Knaggs, Residence Admissions Officer
· David Prescott, Professor, Department of Economics and Finance
· Sandy Smith, Technician, Department of Food Science
· Andrew Vowles, Staff Writer, Communication and Public Affairs
Leave for Change is offered in partnership with Uniterra, a joint initiative of World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and the Centre for International Studies and Co-operation (CECI).
The selected participants will participate in two days of pre-departure training in Toronto in May and will receive support and advice from Uniterra, as well as members of the U of G community who have participated in the program in the past.
Congratulations to the selected participants!