Client Services Clerk
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Client Services Clerk
Ontario Veterinary College Health Sciences Centre
(Less than 24 hours a week)
Please apply by emailing email@example.com and sending your:
- Cover Letter
- Area of Interest
Reporting to the Supervisor, Patient Care and Service Delivery, the incumbent is responsible for providing exceptional service to the clients of the Ontario Veterinary College Health Sciences Centre and is an integral part of the OVC HSC veterinary care team.
The incumbent will be cross trained to work in multiple client service areas of the Health Sciences Centre which include but are not limited to: Companion Animal Hospital, Animal Cancer Centre and Large Animal Hospital. In addition, the incumbent may be required to work in technical and non-technical areas within the hospital and, the incumbent will be assigned to work in a variety of service areas based on operational requirements.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing a warm welcome to clients and visitors via phone, email and at reception areas
- Scheduling, admitting and discharging patients
- Ensuring accurate invoicing and handling of payments
Requirements of the position include:
- Successful completion of a one (1) year Veterinary Office Administration or Medical Office Administration program plus some related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience obtained in a veterinary/medical environment
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, demonstrated computer skills, experience in handling payments and cash
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, client service skills, and the ability to work in a hectic environment are required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility in scheduling availability is required. The incumbent will be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of rabies titre.
Hourly rate $21.33 – $23.82 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.