LIBRANNI (ISSN 2562-2234) is an annual publication for OAC alumni. The publication is sponsored by the OAC Alumni Association and published by the Office of the Dean of the Ontario Agricultural College at the University of Guelph. Opinions expressed in the magazine do not necessarily reflect those of the editor or the University.
LIBRANNI 2020 / Vol. 2 Stories
- "Q&A with an Indigenous community planner"
- Featuring Shannon Labelle
- "Q&A with a food industry expert"
- Featuring Christopher Naese
- "The pursuit of career happiness"
- Featuring Ashley Knapton, B.Sc. (Agr.) Honours Agriculture, 2013
- "You reap what you sow"
- Featuring Wyatt McWilliams, Kemptville College, ADA, 1979
- "An architect for nature"
- Featuring Colleen Mercer Clarke, Master of Landscape Architecture, 1987
- "Behind the brew"
- Featuring Patrick Wynn-Williams, B.Sc. Food Science (co-op), 2012
- "Starting from scratch"
- Featuring Tendai Wilkerson, Ridgetown Campus, Dip. (Agr.), 2007
- "Planning for the future"
- Featuring research from the School of Environtmental Design and Rural Development
- "Bringing rice to Canadian fields"
- Featuring Wendy Zhang, B.Sc. (Agr.) 2016, M.Sc. 2018
- "Building a new hive"
- Featuring Paul Kelly, B.Sc. (Agr.), 1983
LIBRANNI 2019 / Vol. 1 Stories
- "5 Minute Q&A with Karen Clarke-Whistler"
- "5 Minute Q&A with Andrew Vokes"
- "Writing his own 'jungle book'"
Featuring Dave Barney, B.Sc. Animal Science (1977), M.Sc. Animal Nutrition (1980), PhD (1999)
- "Rebuilding home"
Featuring Erin O’Neil, M.Sc. Rural Planning and Development (2007)
- "Showing RESPECT"
Featuring Desmond Doran, BSA (1960), M.Sc. Agricultural Economics (1961)
- "Food science humanitarian"
Featuring Carol Chui, B.Sc. Food Science Co-op (2011)
- "International ice cream man"
Featuring Peter Hopps, B.Sc. (Agr.) Dairy Science (1969)
- "Straight from the horse’s stomach"
Featuring Jennifer MacNicol, B.Sc. Animal Biology (2015), M.Sc. Animal Biosciences (2017)
- "One giant leap for plant scientists"
Featuring Deron Caplan, B.Sc. (Env.) Environmental Science (2015), PhD (2018)
- "Making your community POP!"
Featuring BLA and MLA alumni and current students
What is LIBRANNI?
For some of our alumni, the term “Libranni” is familiar, but to many it’s unknown. To be fair, it doesn’t exist in any dictionary. But it is a part of OAC's history. It’s actually a made-up word created by the administrators and students of the University’s three founding colleges: OAC, OVC and Mac Institute. From 1933 to 1969, their yearbook was called the Libranni, meaning “The Book of the Year”. The historical and unique word seemed like perfect fit for our annual alumni publication.
The inaugural issue was released in January 2019, and was sent to over 27,600 recipients. The 24-page magazine features 10 alumni stories.
All graduates of the Ontario Agricultural College of the University of Guelph automatically recieve LIBRANNI free of charge. To unsubscribe, update your mailing address or request a digital version, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-824-4120, Ext. 56550.